Siachen base camp is approximately 6 hours drive north from the town of Leh which is in the Indian State of Jammu and Kashmir. The Indian Army manages the Glacier operations from the Base Camp.
The trekking expedition starts from Siachen Base Camp, is 60 km long going upto Kumar outpost of Army. It is covered in nine days and one starts from Siachen Base Camp at 12,000 feet and move towards Kumar Post situated at 16,000 feet.
- Airport Transfers at Leh.
- Accommodation at Leh.
- All transport for the Trek – Leh to Base Camp & back.
- All expert guidance and Team Leader.
- All meals during Trek.
- Specialised Training.
- All specialised climbing equipment during Trek.
- Sleeping Bag during Trek.
- All porter charges during trek.
- Any medical evacuation.
- Insurance cover for trek – it comes to between 5000-7000 per person.
- Tips to porters.
- List of necessary clothing will be provided at time of participation confirmation.
- Flights upto Leh.
- Cost : – INR 85,000/- per participant.
- Duration : – September – 2019.
- Confirm By : – 30 – October – 2019.
- No of participants : – 15 only.
- Route – Start Point Leh. 6 days at Leh acclimatization, 4 days training at Base Camp, 4 days trek to Kumar, 1 day rest at Kumar, 4 days trek to Base camp, 1 day at Base Camp, 1 day at Leh.